Proven Results in Trucking Accident Cases
Trucking accidents cause significant injuries and even death to victims every year throughout the nation. These liability cases are very different from other motor vehicle accidents. Due to their size, weight, and reduced maneuverability, commercial trucks can pose a severe risk to others on the roadway. Victims of trucking collisions and their families need the skill of an experienced trucking accident attorney.
Klausman Law has handled countless trucking accident cases for more than three decades, including interstate cases involving injuries and wrongful death. We recently successfully resolved a fatality case due to an improperly loaded and improperly equipped logging truck. Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of safety regulations and laws that govern truckers and trucking collisions, depending on the truck’s classification. The drivers of trucks are required to comply with mandated regulations to ensure maximum safety on the roadways. Examples are mandatory medical examinations, limits on the number of hours truckers drive, driver drug and alcohol testing, and a truck’s weight and load restrictions. However, these regulations are not always followed.
Our Trucking Accident Legal Services include:
- Performing independent investigations with accident reconstruction experts
- Gathering evidence at the scene, such as reviewing surveillance video and interviewing witnesses
- Scrutinizing critical documents such as the driver’s logbook, trip sheet, route schedule, inspection report for the truck, black boxes, and onboard recording devices
- Reviewing medical reports and the driving history of the drivers involved in the accident
- Securing medical bills and other related costs for financial analysis to calculate fair compensation accurately
- Handling all communication with insurance companies, local law enforcement agencies, and other state and federal agencies such as the National Transportation Safety Board Office of Highway Safety and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Preparing meticulously for trial and aggressively advocating for a full financial recovery for the client or their family.
Frequent Causes of Trucking Accidents
Despite regulations that require truck drivers to drive only a specific number of hours in a day with rest periods, many accidents are caused by driver fatigue. Fatigue can result in slower reaction times, loss of concentration, or falling asleep while driving. Drugs and alcohol can be a component of many trucking accidents. It has been reported that truck drivers often use drugs, such as amphetamines, to stay awake, which can cause risky maneuvers behind the wheel. Alcohol and other types of drugs may be in use as well.
Road and weather conditions, especially in unfamiliar territories, can impact the safety of truck driving. Some drivers are not trained to handle rugged terrain or are in a rush to deliver the goods. Potholes, poor signage, and even disasters such as collapses of bridge structures can cause accidents.
It is crucial to load a truck’s contents in a specific manner to prevent highway spills or truck rollovers. Trucks containing hazardous materials have a propensity for fire and creating other hazards on the road.
Distracted driving is a factor in truck accidents, just like other motor vehicle accidents. Activities such as texting while driving, eating while behind the wheel, and talking are distractions and take the driver’s eyes off the road.
Improper truck maintenance can result in accidents due to worn tires or brakes, as well as any number of mechanical failures. A trucking company must inspect their vehicles regularly. However, this is not always the case.
Complex Insurance Issues arise in Trucking Accidents
Those injured in trucking accidents or the families grieving the loss of a loved one due to a fatality need aggressive legal counsel to navigate the complex trucking and insurance industry. Trucking and insurance companies investigate accidents immediately, attempting to reduce liability. The Klausman Law team can establish negligence elements to win maximum compensation for trucking accident injuries and wrongful deaths. We are here to help.
Call 407-917-1718 to schedule a confidential legal consultation with Orlando and Central Florida Trucking Accident Injury Attorneys at Klausman Law. We handle these matters with professionalism and extensive knowledge of the laws.